Thursday, December 15, 2005

Week 3 - Growing and Feeding

Wednesday December 14, 2005:

Roman and Eden turned 2 weeks old today. They have quickly become savvy veterans of the NICU floor and are of course the favorite kids in the area. Last weekend they were upgraded to the NIM (not "Intensive" care anymore) and, since then, they have really been flourishing. Eden currently tips the scales at 4 lbs 2 ozs and has moved into an open crib. Roman is gaining as well and is up to 3 lbs 11 ozs. Both have already taken a full bottle and are progressing in that department as well. There are rumblings of them coming home within the next few weeks. We are hopeful but don't want to push too hard. There is also a possibility that one will come home before the other, which although it will be a great breakthrough, will be understandably bittersweet for us. Even so, everyone is doing well and anxious to spend Christmas together as a family, either in our living room or in the hospital.

Eden wearing her favorite hat. It is very windy in the NICU, so she needs to hold on to the brim pretty much all the time.


Roman hanging out with dad. "Seriously Dad, are you still talking? I'm trying to sleep here."


Eden getting a bottle from Mom.


More skin to skin time for Roman and Dad.

Eden: "I am big stuff... I weigh over 4 pounds!"


Roman: "Hey Eden, you might weigh more, but look how far I can open my mouth!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Aunt Debe'
Just got the new set a pictures. Babies are looking good, in fact great. I really laughed when I saw the picture of Eden, page 1, her hand position. Just like Mom when she was a baby. I guess there is some truth in daughter like mother. Well in closing, Uncle Dan and I are very happy for you both and that everything has turned out great and we can't wait to meet the babies. We will miss you at the family Christmas this Saturday, but you are in our daily thoughts and prayers. Keep the pictures coming. I can't hardly wait to see the next ones. I have printed all them out and placed them in a notebook. It is really starting to tell a story. Well in closing, get yourselves as many good night "sleeps" as you can, you will soon forget what is like to sleep through the night.

As Ever...Aunt Debe'