
We're way behind on blog updates this summer. As you can see, we're back.

Light as a feather, stiff as a board.

We took our maiden voyage on Grandpa McCartney's new little toy.

R: Where's the ski rope hook on?

Cousin Ethan joined the mix. No we didn't have a fourth over the summer.

A: Red rover red rover let.... who are we kidding you're not breaking through this fortress.

A: Daddy, there's a pontoon on our tail.

R: This backrest is all lumpy.

E: I put the yak in kayak.

E: First time we stayed up for the 4th. I'm not tired.

R: Waiting... waiting...

R: Hark! A firework.

A: I'll just sleep right here. Thank goodness for mamas and grandmas.



Mama's morning ritual.


E: The twin lake gas station loves our family.

Daddy's turn for some turns.

Rainy day - visit the Country Dairy. The cows have cool slides.

A: This is where milk comes from?

Next the shriners will perform a figure eight routine on small mopeds.

E: I have an odor issue. Grandma had a MSU sweatshirt along which smelled slightly less bad than the air in the milking parlor.

R: It's ok Grandpa, you can pet her.
A: I don't want 'him' to 'getchyoome'.


All winter long Eden talked of riding the standing board, aka the "surfboard". Surprise of the century, the boy wanted first dibs and was exclaiming "this is going to be fun Daddy." It was. For both of us.


E: Daddy, my back hurts a little.

A: I want to ride surfboard with Daddy.
Daddy: Really? You're only 2.
A: Yes.

Someone get the defibrillator for Grandma.

Out of focus, but a glimpse of normal activity at the lake. Come one come all.

R: Big kid cousins got to go to Michigan's Adventure. Lena got to stay with us for the day, capped off with the quad tub. Endless hilarity ensued.

Weeknight fun at home.

R: Insert smore here.

A: Smear smore here.

E: Mama I'm going to bite your arm off.

Seriously. How cute is she?

R: I am unstoppable in the lane.

E: Even one legged kids can enjoy this toy.

R: Eat my molded plastic wheel discharge.

A: I'm gleaming the cube.

R: My favorite lifesaver flavor is lime.

E: Don't drop that in the water Daddy.

A: These new cheerios are getting ridiculous.

Fast forward to a high school graduation open house photo collage.

The Laureys came for their annual visit. They brought something new with them this year.

"Thou shall not covet thy neighbors boat...."

E: Daddy and "Uncle Rico" were scared to tube, so Kamryn and I went with too.

A: I'm in the tube with Daddy, even though he's hogging the whole thing.

Mama airs it out off the mega wake.

Daddy is getting old.

Line up for smore smores.
Kamryn, Eden, Roman, Carter, Addison.

Nice to meet you (insert name of Eden's jerk high school boyfriend here)
Let me show you some pictures.

What?
Wolverine family zoo night again. We played lions the rest of the night.
See three fingers, see three thumbs, three little monkeys, drumming on their drums.
Dum ditty dum ditty dum dum dum.

After a year of moderate regret, we were pumped to mount the hump.

R: This ride is bumpy.

A: Can you tell where Daddy was sitting?

We've been showered with blessings.

Summer is wrapping up. If we haven't seen you recently, we will soon.
1 comment:
cute pics, smith fam! glad we caught wind of you a few times :)
Post a Comment