Monday, July 19, 2010

2010 Halfway Point

R: Yeah so, we're a little behind on the blog. Sue me. Since New Years, Daddy has taken on a new work responsibilites and Mama got a new job altogether. Daddy and Mama each had birthdays, went skiing at Vail, and trained for and completed their first triathlon. Addy turned 3, we went to FMG a bunch of times, we turned into butterflies, we swam in Lake Michigan, we went to the cottage and swam, tubed, surfed, jet-skied, kayaked, swinged, and competed in our own triathlon. We've seen parks, sculptures, Toy Story 3, a baseball game and there's lots more to come. Eden and I are spelling and starting to read.The pics aren't in perfect order this time around. Blogger is annoying. If you want more info on Mama and Daddy's activities, go to Facebook, this blog is about us.

Waiting for the shuttle between Beaver Creek and Vail. Want more snow skiing photos? See FB.

Jasmine cake ushered us into a whole new world - Addy is three going on whatever Eden and Roman are.

A: I'm three now. Deal with it.


E: I'm seventeen. Daddy loves it.
E: I have so much to do these days.

The touch, the feel of cotton, the fabric of our lives.
(Lake Michigan with the Taits - our NICU buddies)
A: Where are my water wings, swimmies, and noodles? I am not buyoant enough.

R: Wind is blowing from the S-SE, about 12 knots.

FMG - Special Chihuly exhibit.

I know just how this pipe feels.

R: Did your feet hit yet?
E: I changed my mind.

A: Hit it.
Only a matter of time.

R: I carved that glass like a turkey.

R: Oh, you got the fireworks at Meijer's again.

The twinkies tubing sans parents.

West Lake Triathlon 2010 - Kids Event

Bearing down on the bikes.

Can you talk while you run? Roman can.

Daddy and Uncle Luke both have to raise their hands until we're all out of the water.

R: Prepare for a brief moment of silence.

E: Cover the lens Daddy.
A: Let's migrate over to the play area.

The strength of Team Smith is in our bench.


E: Whatever we're doing or you're saying, I want to be over there.

A: Whatever Daddy, you have no power here.
R: I'm a pillar of the community.

Climbing the corporate ladder.
Easter 2010 in Grand Haven

Elise enjoing the spoils of birthday shopping trip with Aunt Kylene.

UMMGC 150th Anniversary in AA.
Mama and Daddy at their friends Jim and Amanda's wedding.
R: No, you should see the train behind you.
R: Hmm. The girls are happy. What is the next ridiculous thing I can say?
All aboard the Choo Choo train.
E: The train is actually still moving at top speed, but we still had time to get off, take the picture and get back on.
Mama, Daddy and Uncle Luke after the triathlon.

2010 surfing season begins.
E: If we both look down, Mama won't take any pictures.
A: Daddy has so much fun tubing, we all have to go with him.
Yikes.
10 cent dogs at 5/3 park make for a $1M picture.
We waiting to see you next.


No comments: